8.14.2009

ultimate kook kontest

I've been getting some confused emails about what to do for the Ultimate Kook Kontest, so here's just a few ideas on how to reveal the kook inside all of us:

- wetsuit inside out and backwards
- tassled wetsuit
- springsuit, gloves, booties, and a hood
- leash on both feet
- fins backwards
- shorts over your wetsuit
- wetsuit over your shorts
- wax on the bottom of your board
- etc...

Don't take yourselves too seriously, this is supposed to be fun.



Here's a photo my friend took in England a few years ago. The guy had a backpack full of rope in case he got stuck on the rocks. Check out the Tevas...

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Is surfing supposed to be about the aloha spirit and going forth the torch that Duke "K" lit? What I see on our shores in recent calendar days are acts of macho bovine manurism and self-centric entitlism. Did we veer off onto the wrong path along the way? I ask ye...

Antoine said...

So many "What a Kook!" pictures have backward installed fins on them... which makes me a bit suspicious that they were shot "in the wild."

Wheardo said...

How about a rashguard worn to the event as clothing?! seems to be a firm favourite with the tourists over here in england on nights out! sounds like a fun day planned, just a quick hop over the pond

beep beep im a jeep. eat me, im a giant twinkie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beep beep im a jeep. eat me, im a giant twinkie said...

Remind me not to blog post pre-coffee. I win. I'll be wearing my spandex jeans and my ski jacket.